406 Hayes St, San Francisco 94102 | 415.940.2770
11am – 8:30pm daily
Limited capacity indoor and outdoor seating available
The health & safety of our staff and guests is our highest priority.
We’re taking the following measures to ensure your experience is as safe as possible:
– We’re maintaining the 6-foot social distancing rule
– We’re limiting the number of guests allowed to enter in order to maintain appropriate space
– Every frequently-touched surface is wiped down and disinfected regularly
– Employees are required to sanitize their hands between guest interactions
– Employees handling food are required to wear latex gloves
– Employees wash their hands frequently and always after touching any potentially contaminated item
– Pens used for signing and credit card machines are disinfected after every use
– Employees showing signs of any illness are required to stay home and contact their doctor immediately and they are not allowed to return to work until they are cleared by a medical professional
Join us as we give the San Francisco Bay Area THE BIRD.
We’re the ultimate fried chicken sandwich shop, now with 2 locations in San Francisco. We’re the go-to for indulgent food that’s made with integrity and quality ingredients, sold for just 9 bucks. If this sounds counter intuitive, it should. We’ve set out to prove that a really satisfying meal doesn’t have to eat up the paycheck. #CluckYeah
So, what makes our signature fried chicken sandwich special?
*Our chicken is always free-range.
*We use dark thigh meat. After lots of trial and error, we’ve found that thigh meat makes for the juiciest, most tender piece of fried chicken.
*We use a berbere spice blend to give the chicken that little something special.
*Our fried chicken is served on a fresh bun, baked each morning just for us by a local baker in Richmond, CA.
*The sandwich is loaded with our own crunchy apple slaw (made fresh in house daily).
*Our breading is gluten free. It wasn’t exactly our intention, but the super secret mix of flour we use for our breading happens to be free of gluten.
Find us at San Francisco’s SOMA neighborhood at 115 New Montgomery Street (between Mission and Minna Streets) or our newest location in Hayes Valley at 406 Hayes Street (by the corner of Gough and Hayes Streets).
About Our Fried Chicken Sandwich
free-range chicken coated in our berbere spice blend (get it classic or spicy)
celery, house-made apple slaw, mayo and pickles on a freshly baked bun
We cater too!
Call or email for catering inquiries.
The 4% surcharge is for SF Mandates, including health care security ordinance, health insurance, sick pay, commuter benefits & SF minimum wage ordinance.
For press inquiries, please contact Jonathan Banasky